Slow Cooker Lasagna
Posted: May 10 2009
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked (I use the veggie stuff)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
32 oz. jar spaghetti seasoning plus 1/3 cup water
1 small box frozen spinach, thawed with all liquid squeezed out
15 oz ricotta cheese (you can also use soft tofu)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, reserving a bit for the top
1. Grease the slow cooker and place four noodles in the bottom. You will have to break them up to fit. That’s cool.
2. Spread half of the sausage on top of the noodles and sprinkle it with 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
3. Put half of the spinach on top of the sausage and seasonings.
4. Cover with 1/3 of the sauce and water mixture.
5. On top of sauce, spread half of the ricotta cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese.
6. Repeat layers.
7. Cover with 4 noodles and remaining 1/3 of the sauce and water mixture.
8. Sprinkle reserved mozzarella cheese on top.
9. Cover and cook on low for five hours.